April 12th, 2011
Sweet Links – Week of 4/11/2011
- Listing “customer personas” instead of features improves CTR by 200%
- It’s often the little things that make the biggest impact. No new design. Same functionality. Just a tweak in messaging.
- PearWords Startup Resources
- How Paywalls Are Changing News Organizations’ Social Media Strategies
- Most interesting just for its brief synopsis of the different pay models various traditional news organizations are trying online.
- A collection of thinking and proof of concept on the mobile Web.
- Top 10 Mobile Internet Trends (2/11)
- Lots of great data and trends from Matt Murphy and Mary Meeker.
- Design Principles
- Jeremy Keith shares his vast collection of assorted design principles.
- f8 Conference Badges
- A whole-scale re-consideration of what a conference badge is.
- Comic Sans Criminal
- A concise history and explanation of why you probably shouldn’t be using comic sans for *that*. Sweet presentation, too.
- Measure Anything, Measure Everything
- A peek behind the curtain of the Church of Graphs.